Thursday, February 17, 2011

Pregnancy Update

Here’s a little update of my pregnancy so far. I was extremely nauseous for the first 18 weeks of this pregnancy. I drank a lot of Ginger-Ale, which I normally hate, and I had horrible heartburn in the beginning so Tums were my best friend especially before bed. I’m anemic with this pregnancy just like I was with Mallory, except I have to take 2 iron pills a day now whereas I only took 1 iron pill a day with my first pregnancy. Even with the anemia I’ve still had more energy with this pregnancy which is good because I need to able to keep up with a busy 1 ½ almost 2 year old and my busy job. My hips are sore with this pregnancy, but I haven’t had as many leg cramps which is good. My feet have been really sore, especially after a long day of being on them at work. John is sweet enough to massage them for me which helps tremendously. But overall this pregnancy hasn’t been bad at all. Maybe because I’ve done it before and I know what my body is going through I’m not sure, but it has been easier. Although, I must admit that being pregnant made it difficult to get through my last semester of college this past fall.  
Some of my cravings, especially in the beginning of my pregnancy, are salty foods like pickles and chips, and I love sour things such as cranberry juice and lemonade, and I normally don’t like lemonade at all. I also crave sweet-tart candy. I’m sure I have had more cravings but that’s all I can think of right now. This baby girl likes to sit lower than Mallory did which is a little uncomfortable at times, but maybe that’s a good thing. Her kicks are getting a lot stronger and she gets the hiccups all of the time. Sleeping has also become a little more uncomfortable these days because my baby is getting bigger, but I sure do enjoy my naps when I’m able to squeeze one in which only happens maybe 1-2 times a week on a good week. I wish I could nap everyday though. My nesting instinct has recently kicked in. I've been cleaning a lot and getting things ready for our baby girl. I'm very neat and organized to begin with, but more so now that I have 6-7 weeks left of my pregnancy. I talked to my doctor yesterday and asked about being induced. She said I could be induced at 39 weeks which I would love so hopefully that works out for me and baby. I'll keep everyone posted as I get closer to 39 weeks.
All in all I’m thrilled to be a mom to our newest baby girl! I can’t wait to meet her in a few short weeks.

No comments: