Baby Savannah developed a terrible case of eczema when she turned 6 weeks old. At first I thought it was just a mild case of baby acne but it quickly progressed and got worse with each new day. I had veered from the Paleo Diet when Christmas came around and I was having a very hard time getting back on track. I was experiencing headaches and some intense anxiety which you would think would have made me want to get back to my diet, but I just couldn't resist the chocolate cravings. I was thoroughly enjoying peanut butter m&m's and fudge. However when little Savannah's face grew progressively worse I knew that I needed to step in and take action.
I found some helpful tips online so I changed over our laundry soap to the free and clear kind, bought the Neutrogena bar soap which is free from dyes and perfumes, bought the Aveeno lotion specifically for eczema, and most importantly I did an elimination diet since I'm breastfeeding . I went back to strict Paleo and cut out citrus, dairy, eggs, sugar/chocolate, and fruit juice. Within a day her skin looked dramatically better, and within 3 days her eczema was gone! I'm pretty sure the main culprit was milk/dairy and also high amounts of sugar. I'm still in the process of adding food items back into my diet however, I won't be adding dairy back into my diet because my body doesn't react very well to it. Hopefully I can pinpoint which food item or items are causing her eczema breakouts.
I found some helpful tips online so I changed over our laundry soap to the free and clear kind, bought the Neutrogena bar soap which is free from dyes and perfumes, bought the Aveeno lotion specifically for eczema, and most importantly I did an elimination diet since I'm breastfeeding . I went back to strict Paleo and cut out citrus, dairy, eggs, sugar/chocolate, and fruit juice. Within a day her skin looked dramatically better, and within 3 days her eczema was gone! I'm pretty sure the main culprit was milk/dairy and also high amounts of sugar. I'm still in the process of adding food items back into my diet however, I won't be adding dairy back into my diet because my body doesn't react very well to it. Hopefully I can pinpoint which food item or items are causing her eczema breakouts.
Her little cheeks and chin were so inflamed.
The eczema also spread to her forehead, ears, scalp, and neck.
She discovered her smiling ability while we were dealing with this bad case of eczema.
Now her skin is clear and nearly perfect!
And she sure loves to smile!
I spy baby Savannah...
No comments:
Post a Comment