Family Home Evening
Last week for Family Home Evening I planned a service project. I focused my lesson on serving others so I decided to make some baked goods and bring them over to our friends. I had a lot of fun making these goodies and decorating them. (Though I will admit that it was really hard for me not to eat any because they looked so good and tempting.)
I also found a really great talk by President Spencer W. Kimball and few things from his talk really stuck out to me.
"Service to others deepens and sweetens this life while we are preparing to live in a better world."
"The Lord does notice us, and he watches over us. But it is usually through another person that he meets our needs."
"In serving others, we "find" ourselves in terms of acknowledging guidance in our lives. Furthermore, the more we serve our fellowmen in appropriate ways, the more substance there is to our souls."

And for our Family Home Evening Desert I made Tiger Bites in honor of one of my sweetest childhood memories. I use to eat this desert with my best friend Jenna when her mom would make it for us. (I made it Gluten Free by substituting regular Frosted Flakes with Gluten Free Frosted Flakes)
No comments:
Post a Comment