
The Real Meaning Of Easter
I love this picture of our Savior. Usually you don't see many pictures of Christ smiling which is why I love this picture so much. I can imagine him smiling like this when he's looking at the little children.
It's very easy to get wrapped up in the materialism of the holidays so I wanted to make sure that John and I celebrated the real meaning of Easter. So in honor of Easter John gave our Family Home Evening Lesson on the Resurrection of Christ. He read an article in the Ensign called "The Certainty of the Resurrection" by President Spencer W. Kimball. Followed by the video called Finding Faith In Christ. And our activity was the Easter activity in our Family Home Evening For Newlyweds book. We made a list of 20 attributes of Christ. And then we picked one of those attributes that we wanted to develop in our own lives to help us become like Jesus Christ.
Our 20 attributes of Christ that we came up with:
Patient
Kind
Loving
Teacher
Example
Perfect
Son
Thankful
Friend
Healer
Carpenter
He loved the little children
Humble
Meek
Son of God
Brother
Gave Service
Non Judging
Thoughtful
Sacrifice
Kind
Loving
Teacher
Example
Perfect
Son
Thankful
Friend
Healer
Carpenter
He loved the little children
Humble
Meek
Son of God
Brother
Gave Service
Non Judging
Thoughtful
Sacrifice
The attribute that I chose to work on is to give more service to others. And John chose to work on being more patient.
No comments:
Post a Comment