Thursday, April 28, 2011

Mallory's Birthday & Easter

Easter was such a busy day for the Shannon family this year because Mallory's 2nd Birthday fell on Easter this year. I had to make preparations not only for Easter, but also for Mallory's Birthday, boy was John and I exhausted when the day was over. But here are some Easter highlights from our fun-filled day.

Look what the Easter Bunny brought for us :)
Mallory says, "Check out my new Easter toys kitty." She loves her kitty cat.
Yay for Reese's Easter candy and Play-Doh.
Here's Mallory playing with Play-Doh for the very first time. She really enjoyed it.
And here's baby Aubrey's Easter basket. I know she was too little for it this year, but I had to make one for her anyway. The little lamb stuffed animal in her basket is actually a cute little finger puppet so at least that is age appropriate for her.
Here's our sweet baby girl Aubrey Ann having sweet dreams on Easter morning in her bassinet.
(Here's a short video of Mallory exploring her sister's Easter basket.)


I also made an Easter brunch for us to enjoy when John and Mallory returned home from church. I stayed home with Aubrey since she was only 3 weeks old on Easter. And what Easter wouldn't be complete without a delicious home-cooked dinner. I cooked a spiral ham, mashed potatoes with ham gravy, stuffing, and we had dinner rolls to go with our meal. It was divine. I even impressed myself because I had never made ham gravy before and it turned out really good!

No comments: