Wednesday, September 5, 2012

1st Day of Preschool

Mallory had her very 1st Day of Preschool on Tuesday and she did great! I wasn't sure if she would cry or if I would have to stay for the first day or what. But she didn't cry and she had a lot of fun! When John and I picked her up she had a huge smile on her face and an orange balloon that her teacher gave to each of the kids. Mallory absolutely loves balloons so she is very excited to go back. And she said they learned about the letter "A" for acorn (that's a new word for her because that's not one that we regularly use) and the number 0. She also liked snack time when they had graham crackers and apple juice.

Starting our tradition of first day school pictures!
I love her facial expressions in this picture.
Here's her school stuff all laid out and ready to go. I found these cute days of the weeks labels that I plan to use on Tuesdays and Thursdays for her preschool so that the mornings run smoothly. Her outfit came from Kid to Kid ( a children's consignment store) with the exception of her shirt that John's mom got from Carter's. We also got a killer deal on amazon for her backpack.
When Mallory came home from preschool we threw her a "Welcome To School Party" and this is a picture of the banner that I made for her using construction paper, bakers twine, and colored clothespins. It was very easy to make.
Just a cute sign I found online and printed off for decor.
Pizza for lunch and a special surprise for both girls. 
Did you know that Little Caesars Pizza has a secret menu? I didn't know that until recently, but apparently they do and you can get your pizza "crazified" which means that they will put the garlic butter sauce on your pizza that they use for their yummy crazy bread. We ordered one of those and the girls and John loved it! It smelled so good! As for me I just ate my usual grilled chicken and plain rice with olive oil and sea salt. I can't even eat a gluten free pizza at this stage of my treatment. That's okay at least I'm feeling much better.
I found this cute La La Loopsy School Bus toy at Target on Clearance a few months back and had been saving it until her 1st day of school. I was trying to stick with the school theme. Oh and I stuck some candy inside the bus which she loved. That's what she's eating in the picture.
And of course I couldn't forget about Bree. I found these cute Sesame Street books and a touch and feel book at Kohl's and got them for free with a combination of a great sale, an additional coupon, and our Kohl's cash.
Here she is reading her books. She really does love to look at books!

My goal for this day was to make going to school seem like so much fun and to make it special for Mallory. I didn't want her to be scared or nervous, just excited to start school. She knew that it was her day because she had the biggest smile on her little face! You can definitely tell from her pictures.

No comments: