One of my summer projects was to paint our baby crib an off white/ivory color to match her room and chandelier. I picked out the fancy chandelier at The Home Depot because I love, love, love it! I wanted it so badly for my room but I can't because I won't give up my ceiling fan. So I decided to decorate Savannah's room in a fancy shabby chic theme. I don't have much in her room yet, it's a work in progress, but I'm very happy with how it's turning out!
This project took a lot longer than I thought it would. I had to sand it all down, spray it with 2 coats of primer, then add 2-3 coats of the ivory spray paint, and lastly seal it with 2-3 coats of water-based poly acrylic sealer. I still need to buy two bite guards for the rails on the sides and find a bumper pad for the inside since Savannah seems to get her legs stuck in between the rails.
I love this light fixture! It's so elegant!
Chase and Hannah's dad Jim installed it for me. He's a talented carpenter and I'm grateful to have him in our family!
Ta da... the finished project!!!
Savannah likes her newly painted bed.
This is what the baby crib use to look like, it was brown. This is Mallory when she was a wee little baby.
Here's Bree in the same brown baby crib.
This crib we used for all three of our girls so naturally it has sentimental value for us. I'm just glad it got a face lift. I love the antique white color much better than the brown color!
Here's Bree in the same brown baby crib.
This crib we used for all three of our girls so naturally it has sentimental value for us. I'm just glad it got a face lift. I love the antique white color much better than the brown color!




No comments:
Post a Comment