Saturday, July 4, 2015

Sensory Baby Blanket and Sewing Class

Boy, being a mom of 3 little girls all under the age of 6 is hard work, busy, and very time consuming! I have found myself getting bothered by the lack of "me time" that is available to me. But then one day while I was doing a little bit of shopping at the local JoAnn Fabrics store I came across this display that said learn how to make this sensory blanket in a sewing class. I loved the display blanket and I hadn't made a homemade baby blanket for Savannah yet like I had done for my other 2 girls so I decided to sign up for the class and try my luck at it.





This is my finished product. I love how soft it is with the minky fabric on it. And I picked out 2 different fabrics with owls on it in honor of my grandma LeValley who has passed on since she was a very talented seamstress. I think she would be proud of me. And to top it all off the instructor for my class was a heavier set, sweet old lady who reminded me so much of my grandma LeValley. I know she was there in spirit!


Savannah loves to snuggle with her new minky blanket I made for her.







I was excited about the skills I learned from making Savannah's baby blanket so I decided to give Bree's baby blanket I made her a face lift by adding some flowers, hearts, and owl appliques on it. It's not finished yet, I still need to add a baby owl next to the momma owl and add a minky back on it.


This is what it looked like before, kind of plain and not as soft with the fleece instead of minky.


I'll post another picture of the finished product when I'm done with it.

All in all it was nice that I was able to take a few hours for just me and to learn a new skill. Thanks mom for babysitting for me!

No comments: