Northern Nutrition In Indiana
So why did we go to Indiana some might ask? Well I wanted John and I to visit a place called Northern Nutrition. Basically what it is is a Homeopathic approach to medicine so to speak. My dad had told me about it five years ago when I was suffering from an array of symptoms caused by my food allergy to Gluten. I didn't know it was a food allergy causing all of my problems until I got the run around from several doctors. At times even today I still don't get straight answers from doctors. Which is why I like to focus on proper nutrition to stay healthy. I know that staying healthy today is expensive which doesn't make much sense to me. They have it all backwards. Healthy food options and natural supplements should be readily available and less expensive to help us all live healthier longer lives. But that's certainly not the case today.
Anyway at Northern Nutrition we saw an Amish man named Kevin who basically analyzed our blood under a microscope. Kevin had gone to college in order to learn how to do this correctly and he had numerous degrees/certificates on his wall. They learn this so that they are able to help out those in the Amish community there. I have full confidence in him and the service that they are providing for the general public. It's very generous of them to open their doors to the general public. They don't charge anything for the service, but they do accept donations. They always have a long waiting list to get in to see anybody there. There are actually four men who do the blood analysis there, but I see Kevin because that's who my dad sees when he goes down there. I called right after we booked our flight to Michigan in March to ensure a time to be seen in the month of July. I had gone once before like I said when I first learned of my food allergy and I appreciated so much the nutritional advice and recommendations that he gave me to get me feeling better. He could even tell from my blood sample that I had a food allergy. It was amazing to see it right in front of my eyes on the monitor and know that my symptoms were all real and that it wasn't all in my head. I really was sick with a gluten allergy despite one doctor saying yes and another saying no. It was clear as day and very comforting to know that I wasn't making it up.
So how exactly does the whole process work? Well after he obtains a sample of blood in which John and I provided by pricking our own fingers since they legally can't, he puts it under a microscope and analyzes it. It can show an assortment of things. Like for example he could tell that both John and I had undigested proteins in our blood which is now being corrected with digestive enzymes. John's thyroid appeared to be under active which is now being corrected with a natural thyroid supplement that he takes every morning. My thyroid was under active years ago when I came there the very first time, but ever since then I take my natural thyroid supplement everyday and my thyroid is now functioning normally. My food allergy had messed up my thyroid function and it took several months to get it functioning normally again. After he tells you what he sees he suggests natural supplements to take in order to correct what's wrong. It is solely you're choice whether you want to buy the supplements from them or not at all. I always buy from them because I trust them, their prices are good, and they have helped me out before.
It was really neat for me to share this experience with John because I want to keep all of us healthy so that we can live a long happy life if that's what our Heavenly Father has in store for us. We have a responsibility to keep our bodies healthy which is what I'm trying to do. John didn't really understand what I was taking about all of these years when I would talk about going to Northern Nutrition to get my blood analyzed, but he understands now and he feels just as strongly about it as I do. I still believe that modern medicine is a great thing, especially for emergency situations, and preventive care, but I'm also a strong believer in a homeopathic approach to medicine.
No comments:
Post a Comment