Friday, June 17, 2011

Castle In The Clouds...

Well we did it! We finally held Family Home Evening Monday night after a long hiatus. I planned it this week (actually I've had it planned for weeks but found it hard to make time for it), and decided that our lesson would be on Establishing a Christ-Centered Home which was one of the talks given at the last General Conference. We realized that many material things can fog our view and what really matters which is the loving home that we should be providing for our families. The material things don't really bring us happiness, but instead our love for each other does. 
Our activity was called "A Castle In The Clouds." What that means is that we worked together to design our dream house. We had a lot of fun doing so and we are far being finished so we'll have to keep working on it next week as well.  We had a ton of fun that night spending quality time with each other. I finished up our Family Home Evening with a cool summer beverage, a Watermelon-Strawberry Slush for us all to enjoy.



(Just a few pictures of the girls that I took during our F.H.E.)


No comments: