Here's a quick update on how my hip is doing. When I went to the Physical Therapist about two weeks ago she thought that it would be a good idea for me to wear this brace around my hips. So I wore this brace all day long except for showering and doing my exercises for a week straight. Then when I went back the following week my hip was still out of place like it usually is so she said that I didn't have to wear the brace as much. Although I don't have to wear it all day everyday I do wear it when I'm cleaning just to be sure that I'm not going to throw my back/hip out again since that is usually when it happens.
Well as you can imagine I've been really frustrated with this whole hip fiasco so I decided to ask John and one of our Home Teachers to give me a blessing. And I'm happy to report that since the blessing I haven't had any big issues with my hip. My back still gets sore because I'm not correctly aligned but it's nothing compared to what I was dealing with. I don't think I'll ever really be aligned correctly again, but as long as my hip doesn't shift so dramatically like it has been doing then I'm okay with that. I would love to take up a spinning class at a gym but the spinning class at the gym that's the closest to us doesn't offer very good class times so that's on hold for awhile. Maybe when my work schedule changes a bit then I can take a spinning class at least twice a week. That would really help strengthen those muscles around the hip to keep it in place. I would also love a Sleep Number Bed. We can't afford one this year, but next year around Christmas we are saving up to get one. John and I tested one out at their store and fell in love. It felt amazing because all of the pressure points were relieved. I have never felt so good on any bed before. So we're pretty excited about that, and I know that will definitely help with my hip.

No comments:
Post a Comment