Have you ever had one of those perfect moments and wished that you could just freeze time and be in that moment forever? That's how I feel whenever John and I read bedtime stories to our Mallory Mae and Aubrey Ann. I love how excited Mallory gets when I announce that it's story-time and how she snuggles up against me in my bed eagerly anticipating the adventures that will be discovered on each page of her storybooks, and having my baby Aubrey snuggled up next to me on the opposite side gazing up at me.
I love the scent of the girls' freshly cleaned hair that fills the air along with the lavender scented lotion that helps to gently lull my babies to sleep. And I love how Mallory squeals with delight when she sees something she knows, and how her little fingers excitedly glide across the page to the various pictures, and the way she repeats the simple words or phrases with such enthusiasm. It's so great that for about 15-25 minutes our family can come together each night and escape into an exciting imaginary land filled with love, laughter, learning, and excitement. I cherish these small quiet moments that bring us closer together as a family and that help enrich our children's development. I'm so grateful for these priceless memories that John and I have built with our girls.



No comments:
Post a Comment