Thursday, May 3, 2012

Mallory's 3rd Birthday!!!

Mallory turned three years old on Tuesday, April 24 and we celebrated by throwing her a Little Mermaid Birthday Party since she's really into mermaids right now. Mallory had such a fun time! She asks John and I almost daily if she can have more birthdays and balloons. She doesn't quite understand yet that they only come once a year. She just knows that they are really fun! I wanted to really celebrate this birthday because last year I couldn't do much for her birthday since I was on maternity leave and had a three week old baby to take care of. So this year we did it up right. I did a lot of the same things that I did with Bree's party except in "The Little Mermaid" theme.

Mallory's "Little Mermaid" Birthday Invitations
Mallory's Birthday Banner and ceiling decorations.
Here's our table all decorated.
 The Little Mermaid tableware.
I thought that goldfish crackers would add a nice touch to our theme.
Mallory's "Little Mermaid" Birthday cake.
Rainbow Sherbet
 Ariel's Under The Sea Punch"
 It turns out that it's rather tricky to make a blue punch but this one turned out pretty good.
Starfish Pineapple
Mallory's balloons and presents from mom and dad.
The Birthday Girl!
 Excited about her mermaid Birthday Card!
Here's Mallory opening the presents that Aunt Heather and Grandma Tammy got for her.
Mom and Heather this video is for you guys.
The Birthday girl and her momma.
Mallory with her Grandma Julie and Aunt Rebekah.
Mallory's gift from Aunt Rebekah.
 Mallory sure loves that mermaid ball!
Why wouldn't she, it's two of her favorite things, balls and mermaids, all rolled into one.
Opening more presents. 
I put my purple flower hair accessory in Mallory's hair to make her feel more like a mermaid. She loved it.
 
Here's Bree playing with Mallory's Disney Princess Musical Vanity Set.
Mallory with her Birthday cake. I tried to get a video of her blowing out her candles but I didn't record it fast enough. She really enjoyed having everyone sing "Happy Birthday" to her. Oh well, it was pretty cute though.
 I took this picture the day after Mallory's birthday. Here she is with all of her new mermaid toys (balloon included) watching one of her new Little Mermaid DVDs that we bought for her. I thought this was pretty cute.
And here she is trying out her new Snow White scooter. 
John actually got this for free about 2 years ago,we've just been saving it for her 3rd birthday.

I didn't get pictures of Mallory with all of her guests because I just plain forgot. But she had grandmas, grandpas, aunts, uncles, and cousins all there to celebrate her big day with her. Thank you everyone for all of the fun toys that you got for Mallory! We had such a fun birthday celebration, however I'm so glad that the month of April is over! What a super busy month for John and I.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I can't believe she's 3, I swear time flies! Happy Birthday Mallory!

Holly and John Shannon said...

Thanks for the Birthday wishes!I know it's hard to believe, they grow up so fast! I can't believe that she'll be starting pre-school this fall.