Friday, May 18, 2012

Mother's Day

I had such a nice Mother's Day! John let me sleep in until 10am which I loved! And then I got breakfast in bed. I helped make the breakfast this year because John had his hands full with the girls. It's our tradition to make each other breakfast in bed on Mother's Day and Father's Day. Then I opened my gift and later that afternoon we all went on a walk. It was a very nice and relaxing day!

 Breakfast in Bed with my girls.
I had scrambled eggs, hash browns, bacon, a gluten free almond poppy seed muffin, strawberry bisque, and some chamomile tea.
 The Strawberry Bisque.
I got this cute tea cup and saucer from my Grandma LeValley( my mom's mom) a long time ago and decided that I should use it each year on Mother's Day. It's a great way to remember my sweet grandma who has already passed on.
 I found these cute little notes on a blog that I follow so I thought they would be cute to use.
I love all of these! Mallory's response is really cute because I asked her what she likes to do with mommy and she said that "she likes to sing "la la la" with me and share with me" I had no idea what she would say since she's only 3 years old, so this was really cute to hear from her especially since I can't carry a tune to save my life but apparently we must be singing at home and I just don't remember.
Mallory wanted to get me this balloon. She really loves balloons!
 Me and Aubrey on Mother's Day!
My gift a picnic basket! I have been wanting this picnic basket for 3-4 years now and I finally got it! Now I can't wait until we go on our first picnic together. And I got that cute pink food cover at my favorite store Home Goods.
We were having such a nice peaceful and relaxing Mother's Day until this happened. John and the girls and I were all coming back from John's Mom's house when this happened. A young girl probably about 17 years old decided to make a left hand turn right in front of us. We tried to stop but there wasn't enough time so we hit her. Her car got it a lot worse than ours but thankfully no one was hurt. Mallory was really scared and shook up, but I got her to calm down. And Aubrey slept through the whole thing. We didn't get a citation so I'm assuming she did since didn't wait for traffic to clear and it was her fault. So now we are trying to deal with insurance companies and get our car repaired.

No comments: