Sunday, October 14, 2012

Cornbelly's Corn Maze at Thanksgiving Point


Cornbelly's Corn Maze was by far the funnest activity that we did this fall season by far! That Friday night just felt incredibly magical. Words can't even really describe how I actually felt that night. I remember looking around at all of the fall scenery and the fun activities and trying to get my brain to wrap itself around everything and sear it into my mind.The hundreds upon hundreds of hay bales and pumpkins, the woodsy smell of the campfire in the cool crisp autumn air combined with the soothing laughter of all the children running around and playing gleefully. It was as if we were caught under an enchanting spell. I didn't want to forget even the tiniest detail because they all meant so much to me. Mallory and Aubrey had such a blast that night. I loved watching their giant smiles and hearing their giddy laughter all throughout the night. I remember thinking to myself, "if only I could stay in this absolute perfect moment forever!" John and I even felt like big kids because we were able to play on a lot of the same equipment as the little ones. I regularly think back to that night with so much love and joy in my heart, and I long to go back in time and relive that moment over and over again. But since I can't go back in time I'm thinking that John and I will make it a fall tradition.

The girls going down the giant slide.

In the bounce house.

Farmer John and country girl Mallory Mae.

Pumpkin Princess.  Just look at that cute grin! You can definitely tell that she's having so much fun!

Our carriage awaits...we sure felt like Cinderella here.

Enjoying a hay ride.

Watching the chicken show.

Going in the Kiddie Corn Maze.

Spinning the "silly" wheel inside the corn maze.

 Taking a break on good old "Betsy" the cow. That's what I named her since I think she looks like a Betsy.

 The land of many pumpkins.

 The giant rocking chair.

Betsy and Wilbur.

 Just looking oh so cute all bundled up.

Driving a tractor. Too bad it's not a John Deere.

 Who thinks John looks great behind that wheel? .....I do! I do!!!

 A pretty mom kissing a little piggy for good luck on his race. Lucky mom, that should have been me. I'm sure that no one loves little piggys more than I do!

Go little piggys go....!

No comments: