Sunday, July 28, 2013

Our 1st Ever Family Camping Trip

For the first time ever our family went camping this past week and we can't wait to do it again! I forgot how much fun camping can be. Believe it or not John and I have never been camping since we got married, so it was a first for all of us. We both said that we should have done this a long time ago. We drove up to the mountains in Grantsville and camped at one of their many campsites. The scenery was gorgeous and the air was so crisp and clean.

John and I got this awesome tent for our wedding about 6 1/2 years ago and this was the very first time we ever used it.
Mallory found the doggie door, which is probably just extra air ventilation.
Our little "ham." She's so silly sometimes!
Here it is all set up.
Here's the outdoor restroom. It was pretty gross and smelly but at least they had one there to use.
Mallory and her momma changing into our warmer clothes.
Mallory was so excited to be camping outside!

Bree thought it was just the best thing ever!
We bought Bree a potty chair because we are going to potty train her next week and I knew that Mallory would not use the outdoor restroom there at the campground. Bree is pretty excited about her new potty chair!


The girls found some tree stumps to sit on.

Our campfire

Roasting marshmallows to make smores.

Here we are the next morning eating our leftover pizza from the night before. I made my own pizza before we left home.

Daddy's girls!

There was this gorgeous little stream just a few feet away from our campsite. The girls really enjoyed playing in the water even though it was very cold.

Skipping stones together.

Our little wild child. Bree would not leave her hair in a ponytail, I guess she prefers the wild look which is perfect for camping.

Here's a short video of the girls tossing stones in the river.

No comments: