Sunday, July 28, 2013

Princess Themed Sensory Bath

I had so much fun putting together a special princess bath for Mallory and Aubrey and it turned out to be a huge hit with the girls! I visited our local Dollar Tree and picked up a few supplies.
I tuned the water pink by adding food coloring and added a few fake flowers to make the bath fit for a princess.
The girls jumped in wearing their princess attire.

Princess Mallory admiring her pretty pink flower.
The girls then added some lavender scented bath salts to the water. I told them that Tinkerbell left them some of her magic fairy dust to sprinkle in the bathtub so that they could also have magic princess abilities.
They both enjoyed adding the magic fairy dust.
And lastly I gave them each a bottle containing a magic potion. This magical potion had the ability to transform their bath to another beautiful color suited for a princess! 

At the end the bath water went from pink to purple which was a fun way to show them how colors can change.

When they got out of their princess bath they both smelled of lovely lavender which helped them get a bit sleepy before their bedtime.

I told Mallory that I bet she could fly now since Tinkerbell left them some of her magic fairy dust. She was pretty excited to try it out, so John and I took turns throwing them back and forth to each other in the air. Mallory really believed that she was flying which was so darn cute. She can't wait for another princess bath so that she can fly again.

No comments: