Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Our 1st day of Fall Celebration

I wait for this day all year long! I love, love, love Autumn!!! This is by far my favorite season! So to kick off my favorite season of the year we invited John's dad and step-mom Cathy over for dinner. I made sloppy joes, baked seasoned french fries, sugar cookies with maple cinnamon frosting, and we had apple cider. We had a very nice visit and the girls loved having their grandpa and grandma Cathy over. Mallory even requested to sit next to her grandpa during dinner which I thought was really cute. Aubrey loved sitting next to her grandma Cathy too. Now I could just kick myself for not snapping a picture of the girls with their grandparents. I just plain forgot so I guess we'll have to get one the next time we have them over.

 I always enjoy decorating the table for a nice family dinner. I don't do it too often, mostly just for the holidays, but when I do it's always fun for me.

 The girls and I enjoyed making Halloween sugar cookies for dessert. They were grain free and delicious! And to keep with the Fall theme we used the Halloween cookie cutters that grandma Cathy and grandpa got for us.

 Bree with the rolling pin.

Mallory did an awesome job with the cookie cut-outs.

No comments: