Sunday, February 21, 2010


Donuts and Chocolate Milk


I have started a tradition in our family that I use to do when I was younger. I remember on some Saturday mornings my family and I would all go to our little grocery store called "Dicks Market" in Dorr Michigan and buy donuts and chocolate milk. Sometimes we would go with grandma and grandpa Dexter too. I use to love doing that!
You could always smell the sweet aroma of freshly made donuts in the air as soon as you walked through the doors. Each of us kids got to pick out whatever kind of donut that we wanted. There were the classic glazed (that was always my favorite), the kind with sprinkles, the bear claw, apple fritter, powdered sugar and so many more. And my parents would buy a big carton of chocolate milk to go with our donuts.
That is such a sweet memory for me so keeping with that tradition I have reinstated it in my little family. Saturday night John and I went to the Sunflower Market grocery store and bought some donuts and chocolate milk to have on Sunday morning. John went with the Krispy Kreme donuts and mine had to be gluten free. My favorite gluten free donut is the cinnamon sugar one. I also found these delicious gluten free blueberry muffins. They are by far the best gluten free muffins I have ever tasted!!! Mallory really enjoys small pieces of them too :)

No comments: