
Family Home Evening
For Family Home Evening this week John and I made each other Valentines (I created the valentines out of some of my scrapbook supplies). It was an activity from our Family Home Evening for Newlywed's book. They have such cute ideas in it! I bought this book about 2 years ago at Deseret Book and we have loved using it! The activity was described as follows:
To celebrate Valentine's Day, write persuasive valentines to each other. Begin with this phrase: Be mine because...." Then include all the reasons you can think of why your spouse would want to be yours forever. Why would you make a great Valentine? Sell yourself! It might be harder to convince your spouse than you think.
For Family Home Evening this week John and I made each other Valentines (I created the valentines out of some of my scrapbook supplies). It was an activity from our Family Home Evening for Newlywed's book. They have such cute ideas in it! I bought this book about 2 years ago at Deseret Book and we have loved using it! The activity was described as follows:
To celebrate Valentine's Day, write persuasive valentines to each other. Begin with this phrase: Be mine because...." Then include all the reasons you can think of why your spouse would want to be yours forever. Why would you make a great Valentine? Sell yourself! It might be harder to convince your spouse than you think.
I was going to blog about this neat book a long time ago but kept forgetting to. It has really helped us initiate family home evening in our family. We weren't always sure what to do for our lessons/activities, but this book takes care of the activities for us. It's easy now to just come up with a lesson. I admit we're not always the best at having family home evening, but we try. We also like to include a yummy desert at the end of our Family Home Evening and I chose to make us sundaes with vanilla frozen yogurt and snicker bar pieces. Our other activity was filling out Mallory's baby book together. We were a little behind on it.
No comments:
Post a Comment