I have slowly been working on decorating the girls' room. It has taken me about 3 years to get to this point since it's rather expensive to decorate a room. And most of the stuff I got for their room I bought with gift cards we have received over the years from my mom, sister, and John's mom. Piece by piece their room is coming together. I'd say that their room is about 75% where I want it to be. I wish I could paint the walls but I live in an apartment so that's out of the picture, but I do have a few more ideas up my sleeve that I will eventually get to. I plan on buying some wall decals that go with our theme sometime soon. Right now Mallory is in this room but Aubrey's crib is still in our room due to the size of this room. This room for the girls is just too small to keep both a twin size bed and a crib in.
Here's Mallory's bed complete with her bedding. (I took her bed rail off for the picture)
Their white dresser and purple ruffle lamp.
This is the flower rug that started it all. I saw this rug and immediately knew that this was how I wanted to decorate their room. I love the flowers and all of the colors.
I love this picture! I got this picture at Home Goods, and did I mention how much I love that store because I really, really do!
Originally I was going to make curtains for their room, but I had no energy due to my health condition, so I decided to just buy these ones instead. I love the flowers but I don't like the plaid print on the top and bottom. I'll probably change that soon to purple or pink. A project for another day.
Their flower bean bag. A favorite place to read books on or to just jump on.
I found this cute step stool at Home Goods which goes with our theme quite nicely. This stool makes it much easier for the girls to climb up on Mallory's bed.
Their polka dot memo board.
I found this pink light-switch cover that I just had to get for their room.
The flower hooks that I use to hang the girl's jackets on.
Aubrey's flower hook.
The toy organizer that we have in their closet. I think the book ends are really cute. They are one of my favorite pieces.
A tag that I made from a free download from the Better Homes & Gardens magazine website.
Since the girls can't read yet, I decided to put a picture of each girl on the tag for their tote. That way they know which tote is theirs.
Aubrey's tag.
Aubrey's picture tag. These were the most recent pictures I had of them.
The Dress Up Shoes tag and Play-Doh tag.
The Dress Up Clothes tag and Ball tag.
The Little Mermaid tag and Barbie tag.
The Barbie Doll basket.
I love these fun tags that I made which makes it easy for Mallory to put her own toys away in their correct baskets. And the best part is that it really works! These are clip art pictures that I found online.
The ball basket with the tag I made for it.
I found these cute boxes at Home Goods and I'm using them to put each girl's keepsakes/mementos in, especially the items that won't fit in their baby books. And of course I had to make a cute label for each one.

This is the bed that I want to eventually get for Mallory and Aubrey. I love it! I think it's so cute and feminine. We can't afford it right now, but hopefully within the next 2 years we can purchase a bed for each of them.

I also want to get Mallory this quilt (or another one like it) for her bed, possibly for Christmas if it goes on sale.























2 comments:
Love it!!!
Thanks! I'm really happy with how it all turned out. :)
Post a Comment