Thursday, June 13, 2013

Birthday Fun

I celebrated my 29th Birthday on May 31st and it was kind of a busy day. I can't believe that this is my last year in my twenties. Although, I must admit that I'm looking forward to my 30's, maybe it won't be as stressful as my 20's have been. Well we started my birthday out by going to the West Jordan Temple with John's sister Rebekah. It's really difficult for John and I to find time to go together since our schedules are so crazy. So since John had my birthday off I decided we should go that afternoon. Then shortly after we got back we had Mallory's end of the year preschool program to go to. Even though it was a busy day it was a good birthday!

 John and the girls got me a present, and of course the girls wanted to open it for me. Our cat Snuggles likes presents too... he's such a silly cat and always has to be in on the action!

 I had asked for this Paleo Indulgences book and I'm so excited to now own it! I've already tried out a few recipes and they were amazing!

One of the recipes from the Paleo Indulgences book are these vanilla cupcakes with vanilla frosting which I had made for my birthday and they were so good!

So I've been experimenting with different paleo recipes and have found some really great ones that turned out quite tasty. The one below I stumbled upon on accident but I'm sure glad I did!

  This is my all time favorite breakfast sausage and one that's safe for me to eat and is great in my breakfast mcmuffins.

I came up with my own version of McDonald's sausage egg mcmuffins. They seriously taste identical, but better I think since it's free of fillers and other unhealthy junk. I used a paleo dinner roll recipe I found on Pinterest that just uses tapioca flour, coconut flour, an egg, olive oil, and sea salt. You can find the recipe here http://paleospirit.com/2013/paleo-dinner-rolls/.Then I cooked up some free range omega 3 eggs and the chicken and sage sausage and voila! These are a huge hit with my whole family! Even our picky eater Mallory loves these. This is our favorite breakfast and one that John requested to have for Father's Day breakfast in bed so you know it's got to be good!

No comments: