Monday, June 10, 2013

Mother's Day

The one thing that I really wanted for my Mother's Day breakfast were some grain free homemade donuts! I have not had a doughnut for about 2-3 years and it's just one of those things that's nice to have on occasion, and I had been having some intense cravings for a doughnut lately. So thanks to my pal Pinterest I was able to find a great grain free recipe for baked pumpkin spice doughnuts.

Our breakfast in bed tradition.

Mallory brought home this pretty pink flower from preschool which she decorated by herself and gave it to me for Mother's Day. Here they are smelling that pretty little flower together.
We also made homemade apple juice from organic apples with our Vitamix. My mom is letting me use her Vitamix until we can afford one of our own. Thanks again mom!

Here's my finished product served with a side of homemade almond milk! And I stuck with tradition by using my pretty teacup and saucer that my grandma LeValley gave to me. It's a fun way to remember her on Mother's day too! Here's her blog website in case anyone wants to check it out http://www.againstallgrain.com/2012/10/25/baked-pumpkin-doughnut/
This was definitely my favorite part of the whole entire day and I'll definitely be making these again in the Fall!

John and the girls also gave me this book that I wanted for Mother's Day. Yes I am now following the Paleo diet and have felt much better. I'll have more on that soon. 

No comments: