
Family Home Evening
For those of you who may not be familiar with Family Home Evening I will do my best to try and explain it. Once a week families get together and share a spiritual lesson and activity together. The lesson helps us draw closer to our Heavenly Father and the activity helps to bring families closer together by having fun together and also by nurturing the relationships between family members. In a chaotic and busy world it's nice to know that the home is always a safe haven. That's what John and I are trying so hard to provide for our family! Family Home Evening helps to put things back into perspective. It helps us to realize that our families are most important.
Well it was my week to plan our family home evening and I chose to give our lesson on an article in the Ensign titled "What Mother's Can Learn From The Savior." I loved the article and one thing in particular stood out to me. It was this quote by Elder Ballard, " a mother's nurturing love arouses in children, from their earliest days on earth, an awakening of the memories of love and goodness they experienced in their premortal existence." I love that! I have never thought about it that way.
Our activity was a really fun one as well. It was called "Kiss List" and the description is as follows:
For this activity you will need a bag of Hershey's Kisses (I used Hershey's Hugs because I like them better than the original kisses. White chocolate...need I say more). Cut up a piece of paper into thin strips. Then separate the strips so that each of you has 10. Write this sentence on each strip, completing it differently every time: I love you because...
Each of you unwrap Hershey's Kisses(Hugs). Try to keep the wrapper as complete as possible. Replace the Hershey's slip with your own slip of paper, and rewrap the kiss. Now you both can open three or four kisses for Family Home Evening, and then open one kiss everyday for the following week.
John and I had a blast with this one. It was unique, fun, and tasty!
For those of you who may not be familiar with Family Home Evening I will do my best to try and explain it. Once a week families get together and share a spiritual lesson and activity together. The lesson helps us draw closer to our Heavenly Father and the activity helps to bring families closer together by having fun together and also by nurturing the relationships between family members. In a chaotic and busy world it's nice to know that the home is always a safe haven. That's what John and I are trying so hard to provide for our family! Family Home Evening helps to put things back into perspective. It helps us to realize that our families are most important.
Well it was my week to plan our family home evening and I chose to give our lesson on an article in the Ensign titled "What Mother's Can Learn From The Savior." I loved the article and one thing in particular stood out to me. It was this quote by Elder Ballard, " a mother's nurturing love arouses in children, from their earliest days on earth, an awakening of the memories of love and goodness they experienced in their premortal existence." I love that! I have never thought about it that way.
Our activity was a really fun one as well. It was called "Kiss List" and the description is as follows:
For this activity you will need a bag of Hershey's Kisses (I used Hershey's Hugs because I like them better than the original kisses. White chocolate...need I say more). Cut up a piece of paper into thin strips. Then separate the strips so that each of you has 10. Write this sentence on each strip, completing it differently every time: I love you because...
Each of you unwrap Hershey's Kisses(Hugs). Try to keep the wrapper as complete as possible. Replace the Hershey's slip with your own slip of paper, and rewrap the kiss. Now you both can open three or four kisses for Family Home Evening, and then open one kiss everyday for the following week.
John and I had a blast with this one. It was unique, fun, and tasty!
No comments:
Post a Comment