Tuesday, March 30, 2010


Gluten Free Sloppy Joes

Last night I made Gluten Free Sloppy Joes and they were so delicious! I have had this recipe for awhile now but had never made it before. John actually requested that I make Sloppy Joes for one of our dinners this week but he wanted the "Manwich" stuff they have in a can. Well I really don't like Manwich because it doesn't taste right to me so I decided to dig into my recipes and see what I could find. This recipe was really easy and fast to make. John and I both fell in love with this recipe and it is now our favorite "Sloppy Joe Mix". I also served Sweet Potato Fries with our Sloppy Joes. They were so good that they have become my new favorite french fry. (It's the Ore-Ida brand that makes gluten free french fries.) The bread I used for my sandwich is the "Udy's White Bread", and it is the best gluten free bread out there!!!

Here's the recipe if anyone is interested...

Gluten Free Sloppy Joe Mix

Ingredients

1 pound ground beef ( I used ground turkey b/c I don't like hamburger)
1 cup GF tomato sauce
1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup GF ketchup
1/4 cup green pepper, finely chopped
1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
1 teaspoon white sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce


No comments: