
It's kind of hard to tell in these pictures because my camera didn't take very good pictures but she has a rash all over her stomach. It was also all over her back. (Don't let her big smile fool you though, she was still very fussy that day.)

Roseola
Mallory just ecently got over having Roseola. She had been extremely fussy for about a week, but it got a lot worse on Tuesday and Wednesday . On Tuesday John and I noticed that she had a fever of about 100 degrees. So I gave her some Motrin to see if that would take away her fever. That turned out to be just a temporary fix. So later that night around 2:30 am I checked her again and she felt really warm so I took her temperature and it was 103 degrees! She kept that fever of 103 for three days. The Motrin would help reduce the fever but once that wore off it would just come back again. I was scared because she never had a fever that high last that long.
Aside from the fever the worst part was that she was so fussy! She didn't want to do anything. She didn't want to play, she wouldn't watch her favorite TV show Yo Gabba Gabba, she didn't want to eat her baby food, and she just cried and cried. She just wanted to nurse and for me to hold her. I really didn't know what to do. So we ended up taking her to the doctor twice because I didn't know what was wrong with my baby and I wanted to make sure that it wasn't her ears that were causing all of these problems. On Wednesday we took her to see her pediatrician and her throat turned out to be a little red and swollen but that was it. So her pediatrician said it was probably just a virus and to see how the next couple of days go. If things don't improve then bring her back in.
Well her fever finally broke on Friday but she was still really fussy and just cried and cried so we took her back to the doctors office on Saturday and that's where we discovered the rash that suddenly appeared. That's when the doctor was able to diagnose her with Roseola and told us that the worst was over and that she would start to feel better soon. So finally today she is completely back to her happy, bubbly self and I couldn't be happier. I don't like feeling so helpless when my baby is sick and I can't comfort her or make her feel better. At least now she has a lifetime immunity towards it.
2 comments:
A Sick baby is the saddest thing!!! Glad she's better!
hey I found you on MMB...and thought you might like to enter the Easter Giveaway that I am doing on my blog:http://beinglds.blogspot.com/
Hurry on over, I'm announcing winners tomorrow!
Also thought you'd enjoy the ideas I have for teaching children about Easter...Your baby is super cute! From what I see on your blog...you're a great Mom!
glad she is doing better!!!!
Post a Comment