
Family Home Evening
John was in charge of Family Home Evening this week and he did a fabulous job! He centered it around St. Patrick's Day since it was just a few days away. We read a few chapters from the Book of Mormon since we're really behind in our reading, and then John read some fun Saint Patrick's Day stories. I didn't really know much about how St. Patrick's Day came about so when John found a little bit of background information on that day I was able to better understand the day. Here's what he found:
In Ireland there are many stories about St. Patrick, who, legend says, was captured in Britain by Irish raiders and enslaved for years before he escaped to France and became a priest. He returned to Ireland to bring the Christian religion to the Irish people. His adopted country made him their patron saint, and now people in many lands celebrate March seventeenth as St. Patrick's Day.
And the activity that John picked out for us to do was called:
"Five Alive"
Each of you make a list of the five best days you have experienced in your life so far. What days stand out as being the most memorable or important or happiest? If you can number them from 1 to 5 with 1 being the greatest day.
When you have finished with your lists, share them with each other. Describe the days that you have written down. Why were they so significant? What days can you picture in your future together that you think will make it into the top ten.
Holly's top 5:
John was in charge of Family Home Evening this week and he did a fabulous job! He centered it around St. Patrick's Day since it was just a few days away. We read a few chapters from the Book of Mormon since we're really behind in our reading, and then John read some fun Saint Patrick's Day stories. I didn't really know much about how St. Patrick's Day came about so when John found a little bit of background information on that day I was able to better understand the day. Here's what he found:
In Ireland there are many stories about St. Patrick, who, legend says, was captured in Britain by Irish raiders and enslaved for years before he escaped to France and became a priest. He returned to Ireland to bring the Christian religion to the Irish people. His adopted country made him their patron saint, and now people in many lands celebrate March seventeenth as St. Patrick's Day.
And the activity that John picked out for us to do was called:
"Five Alive"
Each of you make a list of the five best days you have experienced in your life so far. What days stand out as being the most memorable or important or happiest? If you can number them from 1 to 5 with 1 being the greatest day.
When you have finished with your lists, share them with each other. Describe the days that you have written down. Why were they so significant? What days can you picture in your future together that you think will make it into the top ten.
Holly's top 5:
1.When Mallory Mae was born
2. When John and I were married for time and all eternity
3. When John proposed
4. When John came out to Michigan for a visit when I was living with my grandma
5. When I went BYU-Idaho
2. When John and I were married for time and all eternity
3. When John proposed
4. When John came out to Michigan for a visit when I was living with my grandma
5. When I went BYU-Idaho
John's top 5:
1. When Holly and I were married for time and all eternity
2. When Mallory Mae was born
3. When Holly held my hand at temple square when she came out to visit me. That's when our relationship changed from just being friends to being a couple.
4.When I went on my mission to Belgium Brussels
5. Earning my Bachelor's Degree
2. When Mallory Mae was born
3. When Holly held my hand at temple square when she came out to visit me. That's when our relationship changed from just being friends to being a couple.
4.When I went on my mission to Belgium Brussels
5. Earning my Bachelor's Degree
Some future days that will make it into our top 10 list will sure be
And our Delicious St. Patrick's Day inspired Snack for Family Home Evening was Rainbow Sherbet.
Mallory's 1st Birthday
Our Michigan Trip
Holly earning her Associate's Degree
Our future babies
Buying our 1st House
Our Michigan Trip
Holly earning her Associate's Degree
Our future babies
Buying our 1st House
And our Delicious St. Patrick's Day inspired Snack for Family Home Evening was Rainbow Sherbet.
No comments:
Post a Comment