Thursday, March 18, 2010





Our St. Patrick's Day Dinner

I made the traditional corned beef and cabbage except I forgot about the carrots...ooops. (I'll try not to forget them next year). This was the first time that I had ever made corned beef and cabbage and I'm so happy that it turned out really good. I cooked it in my Crock-Pot so it was very easy to make.
This was also the first time that John had ever had corned beef and he really liked it! He asked me when I was going to make it again and I explained to him that I only make it once a year on St. Patrick's Day. He was pretty sad about that. I was really surprised that this was his first time having corned beef and cabbage because he is Irish. I really didn't believe him at first.



For desert I made gluten free brownies with green frosting. I bought some white frosting and turned it green by adding some green food coloring. I also put some rainbow sprinkles on our brownies. I thought that was a very festive idea for St. Patrick's Day.
We bought the table decor at a killer price at Wal-Mart for $1 or $1.50 each, I can't really remember.
We definitely had a very nice St. Patrick's Day together. Except we did celebrate it on Monday instead of on Wednesday because I had to work late on Wednesday.


No comments: