I started a new family tradition this year, which is giving a gift to our Savior each Christmas.
Tonight we all sat down together as a family and individually wrote messages to our Savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ (I wrote the girls' messages since they can't write yet). We wrote whatever was in our hearts and what we wanted him to know this Christmas. We then folded up our messages and put them in a tiny box, wrapped it, put a bow on it and put it in our Christmas Tree.
I love the innocence of little children. I asked Mallory what she wanted to give baby Jesus for Christmas and her eyes lit up as she said "a treasure chest!" Too cute!
Our gift to The Savior all nestled in our tree.
We also gave a gift to our baby girl who lost from a miscarriage back in February. That was when my Hashimoto's was at it's worst and my body was just a mess. Not much of anything was functioning correctly at that point. I'm deeply saddened by the miscarriage but not surprised because I felt absolutely terrible. It would have taken a miracle from God for my body to nurture her to full term.
We all wrote her messages telling her how much she is loved and remembered, especially on Christmas. It was emotional for me and much needed so that she knows we are thinking of her even though she isn't physically here with us. I feel her spirit often and know when she's near.
I think of her everyday and there's an emptiness in my heart that only she can fill. I'm sad that I never got a chance to hold her, or see her beautiful face, or hear her giggle. But I do know that she is in good hands and that our Father in Heaven has a plan for all of us even if we don't understand it. I know that I will see her again someday so until then Merry Christmas Baby Girl, We Love You!



No comments:
Post a Comment