Here's a breakdown of all the supplements I'm currently taking to treat my Hashimoto's Disease.
The supplements to repair my gut.
The supplements to support my adrenal glands.
The supplement to fix my hormones so that my hair will quit falling out.
And lastly the supplements to calm down inflammation.
I'm happy to report that I have been able to manage my Hashimoto's Disease a lot better these days. I had successfully finished up the supplements to support my adrenal glands just to find out that about 2 weeks later my fatigue and depression came back. I got really tired again and wanted to cry everyday. My doctors put me back on the supplements for the adrenal glands since my adrenal glands apparently were not working on their own. My doctor said that sometimes this happens when the adrenal glands have been over stressed for such a long period of time that they don't have the capacity to function on their own. So after a day or two of being back on the supplements again, I was back to my energetic self. While that was going on I was dealing with a bladder infection and a kidney stone which didn't make matters any better which is why I took a hiatus from our blog, I just simply didn't have the energy for it.
That was a rather large speed bump, but I'm back on track now. I'm now on supplements to repair my gut by increasing the amount of good bacteria. I'm finished with the repairvite shake, I had to do two rounds of that since my good bacteria was so low, and I'm also taking some really good probiotics. I can tell a huge difference, I feel so much better already, and my eyebrows have even started to grow back! Just this week I started taking a supplement for my hormones since my testosterone levels were a bit high. Now my hair isn't falling out and this supplement should help my periods to not be so painful.
I still have about two months left of treatment and then I'll be done with the treatment program. This program is teaching me how to manage my flare-ups from the Hashimoto's and has already corrected most of the problems/imbalances in my body caused from it. I will always have to avoid corn products, and caffeine since they cause extremely painful flare-ups. I also avoid dairy because it causes sinus problems, but I will have some dairy on occasion since it doesn't cause my Hashimoto's to flare-up, it just gives me sinus problems resulting in several sinus rinses. Avoiding corn products has been very difficult for me especially since I love Mexican food! I did however find some brown rice tortilla shells which are pretty good, so now I can have tacos again, without cheese and sour cream, but at least I can have fresh pico de gallo which is the best stuff in the world! The only down side with the gluten free brown rice tortilla shells is that they are kind of tough. They aren't soft like flour tortillas are. Since they are tough to chew and swallow sometimes, I happened to have gotten a sharp piece of tortilla lodged in my throat for 2 days! It was incredibly painful since it was continually scratching my throat each time I would swallow. I finally couldn't take it anymore so I ended up in the emergency room to have them remove it. Yikes! I'm not looking forward to that bill.
Anyway, Italian food is also much more difficult now because I use to eat gluten free corn and quinoa pasta but I can't now. I can have pasta made with brown rice, but it's just not the same. Actually quite a few gluten free products have corn in them so I really have to pay close attention and read all labels.
Even though the diet is really hard sometimes, there are quite a few perks that come along with it. I have lost about 12lbs. I didn't really need to lose any weight but I am thrilled to fit into size 0 pants! I have never been able to wear a size 0 so that's pretty exciting for me. Although I would trade that size 0 for more food options in a heartbeat! I can honestly say that I literally feel like a totally different person, I feel like myself again! I enjoy playing with my girls and making memories with them, I have plenty of energy for work, I'm able to clean up after my girls everyday, and I enjoy my hobbies again! My camera isn't collecting dust anymore, and I look forward to waking up each day now.This treatment program has been such an immense blessing in my life! Thank You so much Red River Clinic!!!
I still have about two months left of treatment and then I'll be done with the treatment program. This program is teaching me how to manage my flare-ups from the Hashimoto's and has already corrected most of the problems/imbalances in my body caused from it. I will always have to avoid corn products, and caffeine since they cause extremely painful flare-ups. I also avoid dairy because it causes sinus problems, but I will have some dairy on occasion since it doesn't cause my Hashimoto's to flare-up, it just gives me sinus problems resulting in several sinus rinses. Avoiding corn products has been very difficult for me especially since I love Mexican food! I did however find some brown rice tortilla shells which are pretty good, so now I can have tacos again, without cheese and sour cream, but at least I can have fresh pico de gallo which is the best stuff in the world! The only down side with the gluten free brown rice tortilla shells is that they are kind of tough. They aren't soft like flour tortillas are. Since they are tough to chew and swallow sometimes, I happened to have gotten a sharp piece of tortilla lodged in my throat for 2 days! It was incredibly painful since it was continually scratching my throat each time I would swallow. I finally couldn't take it anymore so I ended up in the emergency room to have them remove it. Yikes! I'm not looking forward to that bill.
Anyway, Italian food is also much more difficult now because I use to eat gluten free corn and quinoa pasta but I can't now. I can have pasta made with brown rice, but it's just not the same. Actually quite a few gluten free products have corn in them so I really have to pay close attention and read all labels.
Even though the diet is really hard sometimes, there are quite a few perks that come along with it. I have lost about 12lbs. I didn't really need to lose any weight but I am thrilled to fit into size 0 pants! I have never been able to wear a size 0 so that's pretty exciting for me. Although I would trade that size 0 for more food options in a heartbeat! I can honestly say that I literally feel like a totally different person, I feel like myself again! I enjoy playing with my girls and making memories with them, I have plenty of energy for work, I'm able to clean up after my girls everyday, and I enjoy my hobbies again! My camera isn't collecting dust anymore, and I look forward to waking up each day now.This treatment program has been such an immense blessing in my life! Thank You so much Red River Clinic!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment