Tuesday, December 18, 2012

John's Birthday!

We kicked started John's 32nd Birthday with breakfast in bed. I made him his favorite, biscuits and gravy with sausage, fresh fruit, and pineapple juice.

 The Birthday Boy.

 Birthday Breakfast

 I went with funny birthday cards this year. This is the card from the girls. The front reads, "Happy Birthday Dad, from the Both of Us"... and the inside reads, " Headache #1 and Headache #2! 
John had a really difficult and trying day with them on Sunday while I was at work so I thought this card would conjure up a chuckle from John...and it did!
Don't get us wrong, we love our girls more than anything, but some days seem almost impossible with them. I'm sure most parents can agree since taking care of little ones can be challenging, especially when they are both sick.

 John's table setting. We went with the Avengers theme since it's popular this year and they were inexpensive.

 I even found these cute flowers in the superhero colors. These were probably more for me since flowers just make me happy, but I wanted fresh flowers on John's breakfast tray and these were at least manly colors.

 More Birthday decor.

Opening one of his presents after breakfast with the girls. 
(Bree doesn't have a shirt on because she spilled water all over it and I had to put it in the dryer, just in case anyone is wondering).

 John's new watch.

 John wanted ice cream cupcakes from Coldstone for his birthday and this one had red velvet cake inside which is John's favorite cake!

Getting ready to blow out his candles while sporting Thor's helmet.

 Mallory with the Hulk mask on.

An up close shot.

 Captain America.

And Thor.

I really tried to make John's Birthday a special one since it kind of gets overlooked since it's so close to Christmas, and we didn't really do anything last year...ooops. But this year I got him double presents so all is right again in the Shannon family.
The only crappy part of his birthday is that I came down with the stomach flu. I was so nauseated all day and then later that night I got sick. And to make matters worse Aubrey had to see her pediatrician where she was diagnosed with a sinus infection and an ear infection. So I was sick that night and Bree cried for about 45 minutes straight around midnight. It was actually quite a miserable night. Sorry babe, I hope we have better luck next year!

No comments: