Monday, December 10, 2012

Getting Ready For Christmas


We have slowly been trying to get ready for Christmas around here. Both Mallory and Aubrey have been sick for the past week with a cold/flu virus which has been miserable all around. Mallory's flu bug turned into an ear infection, poor thing. But despite the many sicknesses that are going around here, we have been able to do a few things to get ready for Christmas and are hoping to do some more soon when the girls are better.

 Here's one of our Christmas cards. We couldn't send out a ton of cards this year, but I wanted to post it so all of our friends and family could see.

I found this cute stocking holder at Deseret Industries for $1, and since we don't have a fireplace this works perfect! And I bought these cute cable knit stockings on sale at Target. I was tired of the old red felt ones and wanted some nice ones to use each year for many years to come.

 Our Christmas Tree. 
My favorite part of decorating the tree is putting on the ornaments!

 I hand painted these cute ceramic ornaments many years ago. They were very time consuming, but turned out beautifully. 

 The moose ornament that I hand painted.

And another Santa ornament that I hand painted. I think I painted a total of 5 or 6 of these guys.

 I bought this ornament with my grandma Dexter 2 months before John and I were married.

 The Salt Lake Temple where John and I were married.

 Mallory's 1st Christmas booties from grandma Julie.

 Aubrey's 1st Christmas baby carriage from grandma Julie.

A cute stocking ornament from grandpa Tom and grandma Cathy for the girls.

 And some fun Tangled ornaments from grandma Julie.


Today the girls and I wrote letters to Santa. Mallory told me what she wanted and what Aubrey wanted since Aubrey can't tell us just yet. (I also had them hold the pen while I wrote it so that they would feel like they actually wrote it). Now we just need to mail them to the North Pole.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, forgive me, but I HAVE to ask: you put up 5 stockings. Are you trying to make an announcement? :)

Merry Christmas!

Holly and John Shannon said...

Lol nope not for a few more years hopefully. One of the stockings is for our cat Snuggles. He's a bit spoiled and loves Christmas just as much as the girls do lol. :)