Our Michigan trip was fun, tiring, and jam packed with activities, and people, family, and friends to see. We arrived in Michigan during a heat wave with very high humidity in which John and I felt like we were melting, and of course my bag that I checked through didn't make it to Michigan with us, it got sent to Wisconsin. So we had to get that tracked down and taken care of especially since my bridesmaid dress for one of my best friend's wedding was in my bag. So after that fiasco was settled we went to Dorr, Michigan (where I grew up) to have dinner with my dad's family. It was great to see them again and have them meet Aubrey for the first time. I'm so glad that I was able to see my great grandma and aunt Bonnie on our trip. I miss them all so much. Here are a few pictures of my dad's side of the family.
Our airplane ride to Michigan. Mallory was hard to entertain, however Aubrey was great, she slept nearly the entire time.
Here's my Aunt Bonnie, Great Grandma Drier and the girls. My aunt and great grandma are just two of the sweetest ladies you could ever meet.
Group photo
My grandma Dexter and Mallory. Grandma rocked Mallory to sleep in her rocking chair. So cute.
My Dad and Aubrey Ann
Me, my dad, Mallory, and Aubrey
My dad and my hubbie John. Two of my favorite guys.
Grandma Dexter and Aubrey Ann. It was so cute seeing them interact. Aubrey actually laughed/giggled for the first time for grandma Dexter.
That concluded our first day in Michigan. The next day we met my mom at our hotel and went down to Indiana to our Health Food Store to get our blood tested. My mom had never been there before so I was excited to take her there to experience it herself. It was great. We all got tested and then were given some suggestions on what natural supplements to take to help clear up any ailments that may have shown up in our blood-work. Then we headed back to our hotel where my mom stayed the night which was a lot of fun because I don't get to see her very often. We all miss her very much.
Here's my mom and the girls. Here she is meeting Aubrey for the first time.


















No comments:
Post a Comment